Baffled Oil Catch Can Ford Ranger 2011+
The 2011+ Ford Ranger 3.2L diesel is one of the most capable small trucks on the planet. With its direct-injected and turbocharged diesel engine, 350 lb.-ft. of torque, the 2019+ Ranger is focused on combining efficiency with capability. The 3.2L Duratorq engine under the bonnet of the Ranger produces plenty of power to let you roam free, but the direct-injection that makes that power possible also places it at risk for carbon buildup.
Blow-by is a natural occurrence in any internal-combustion engine, but direct-injected engines are particularly susceptible to the carbon buildup it can cause. Without fuel washing over the back of the engine’s intake valves, blow-by is free to accumulate and the heat of combustion eventually turns that blow-by into hard carbon deposits. As those carbon deposits build up, they rob the 3.2L Duratorq of air, reducing power and fuel economy. If left completely unchecked, the carbon buildup can get so bad that the engine loses compression and begins to misfire.
To help prevent these issues, Mishimoto has developed a direct-fit catch can kit for your 2011+ Ranger 3.2L Duratorq. Our catch can intercepts the blow-by, preventing it from entering the intake and coating the intake valves. The oil, fuel, and water vapor in the blow-by is condensed by our catch can’s internal baffle and air diverters, while a high-flow synthetic filter on the outlet of the catch can removes carbon and other particulate. This system ensures that the only thing moving through your intake is clean air.
As with all our direct-fit catch can kits, this 2011+ Ranger 3.2L diesel catch can kit comes with direct-fit lines and bracket that securely mounts the catch can without any cutting or drilling. Our 2011+ Ford Ranger 3.2L diesel catch can is also backed by our Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty for a lifetime of protection.
- Direct fit for 2011+ Ford Ranger 3.2L Diesel
- Durable 3mm thick steel bracket mounts the catch can out of the way of other engine components and isolates it from engine vibration for a lifetime of service
- 221ml capacity for longer service intervals
- Synthetic filter captures carbon and other particulates
- CNC-machined aluminium barbed fittings create a secure connection between lines and can
- Includes direct-fit hoses for easy installation
- Helps prevent carbon buildup on intake valves
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- NOTE: After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch cans every 1,600 kilometers until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.
- (1) Black, Anodized 6061 Aluminum 221ml Catch Can
- (2) Steel Mounting Brackets
- (2) Direct-Fit Oil Resistant Hoses
- (2) CNC-Machined Aluminum Barbed Fittings
- (4) Worm Gear Clamps
- (1) High-Flow Filter
- (1) Air Diverter
- (1) Internal Baffle & Rod
- (1) 3/8" NPT Plug
- (1) Large O-Ring
- (1) Zip Tie Tree Clip
- Mounting Hardware
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- 2011-On Ford Ranger 3.2L Diesel