Integrated Engineering Recirculating Catch Can Kit (Golf Mk7/Mk7.5 2015+)
To prevent crankcase oil fumes from condensing and filling your turbo piping, intercooler, and intake manifold, a catch can is a must for your new MK7 EA888 GEN 3 TSI engine. A catch can works well to gather all of the oil fumes that are omitted from the valve cover breather, removing the faulty factory oil separator in the process. This not only removes the oil mist that is found everywhere but will greatly help reduce carbon buildup on the intake valves, a common problem on TSI engines, which relates to power loss and poor drivability. Our kit includes the necessary valve cover breather adapter to remove the separator and plumb the catch can using the two included -10AN hoses. Using our catch can kit, you are not required to remove any of the emissions systems or vent the catch can to the atmosphere, which can cause oil mist build-up in your engine bay. Our breather plate simply installs in place of the factory plastic breather plate located on top of the valve cover, while the catch can mounts to a custom bracket easily accessible on the passenger side of the vehicle.
In order to keep the factory breather system fully functional, we have designed a billet breather plate with a complex baffle system, which works effectively to keep oil out of the lines, while still allowing the crankcase to breathe through the catch can. This plate directly replaces the PCV valve on the top side of the valve cover, with all necessary provisions for the OEM hoses that connect to it.
This kit uses the Integrated Engineering billet recirculating catch can, which features our state-of-the-art baffle system to catch the oil mist and not let it pass back into the turbo inlet. This flawless catch can is fully serviceable, easily disassembling if needed. Draining the catch can is simple with the use of the included T handle drain valve- simply unbolt the single bolt holding the can and open the valve to drain the liquid out. This beautiful piece is finished with a bright black anodize finish, which maintains a stealthy appearance while looking great in your engine bay.
This IE catch can kit uses a secure mount on the OE engine mount bracket to secure the catch can. Many aftermarket motor mounts delete this mounting location and will require you to custom mount the catch can itself. If you are running aftermarket motor mounts, please verify if you have the mounting provision before purchasing.
Catch can kits are designed for warm weather climates only. If you live in an area with sub-freezing temperatures in winter months, extra precaution must be taken as condensation in the catch can and lines can freeze and cause pressure to build up in the crankcase. We recommend checking the contents of the catch can frequently or removing the system entirely during cold winter months. Integrated Engineering is not responsible for any damage caused by improper servicing of the catch can.
- Complete kit, ready to install
- Keep oil blow-by out of turbocharger and intake system
- Reduces power-robbing carbon build-up
- All components are black for a sleek stealth install
- Braided stainless steel/nylon hoses
- Easy maintenance and no tools required to drain
- Billet recirculating catch can
- Valve cover breather adapter
- Perfect-fit braided Nylon hoses
- All necessary adapter fittings
- All necessary mounting hardware
- 2015-On Audi A3 (8V-MQB) 1.8T & 2.0T TSI engines
- 2015-On Volkswagen Golf (MK7) 1.8T TSI Engine
- 2015-On Volkswagen Golf SportWagen (MK7) 1.8T TSI engine
- 2015-On Volkswagen GTI (MK7) 2.0T TSI engine
- 2013-On Volkswagen Jetta & GLI 1.8T & 2.0T TSI engines (EA888 Gen 3 only)
- **This IE catch can kit uses a secure mount on the OE engine mount bracket to secure the catch can. Many aftermarket motor mounts delete this mounting location and will require you to custom mount the catch can itself. If you are running aftermarket motor mounts, please verify if you have the mounting provision before purchasing.