Integrated Engineering Tuscan I-Beam Connecting Rods (Golf Mk5 GTI 05-09/Polo Mk6 GTI 18-20)
The ultimate in VW & Audi Connecting Rod Strength from IE, these 144X22 Tuscan I-beam Connecting Rods for your 2.0T TSI (EA888 Gen 1, 2, 3) engine when used with aftermarket pistons, will provide incredible strength against extreme performance builds in a lightweight package.
Tuscan connecting rods represent the leading edge of technology for bottom end strength, reliability, and light-weight engineering staff utilizes the most modern technology to optimize these rods to a level never before seen at the enthusiast level. Give your engine a reliably strong connecting rod set that is rated for engines up to 1000BHP!
Designed Through Technology
IE's Tuscan connecting rod sets for the 2.0T EA888 Gen 1, 2, & 3 engines are the best rods available for your European engine due to quality, custom application specific design, and thorough testing. Each Tuscan design is different from any other design because they are custom-crafted and optimized by our engineers using the latest CAD and FEA software. This is in contrast to the industry standard which simply resizes standard designs to fit new engines. Each application is rigorously tested in our in-house engine test cell. We have gone the extra mile to design specific big ends for each application, keeping the bearing in place and reducing chances of failures. This results in a connecting rod that is uniquely strong and light, for the ultimate in performance and reliability.
Application Specific Engineering
Each model is detailed out with a unique feature set that ensures proper operation within the unique demands of that engine. There is a particular emphasis placed on providing a stable foundation for the connecting rod bearing. By providing a stable platform for the rod bearing, much higher reliability is possible. For that reason, the feature set is not consistent across all models of IE Tuscan rods.
Torture Tested Reliability
IE Tuscan rods for turbocharged applications feature a robust I-Beam design for incredible bending and torsional stiffness. Additionally, an extensive iterative process leads to the unique Egg shape of our rod beams, which lowers stresses as much as 20% compared to less evolved designs. This shape very evenly distributes the high compressive loading from a turbocharged engine onto the connecting rod beam. We then validated this success with over 18 months of field testing, powering numerous 4 cylinder VW / Audi engines with over 1000 bhp! In addition to being tough, IE Tuscan rods are also designed to minimize unnecessary weight on the connecting rod for an ultra-balanced weight to strength ratio. Our engineering staff has spent countless hours trimming the fat- leaving exactly what is needed to get the reliability you want, with the weight you don't.
Finished And Quality Controlled In the USA
This level of attention to detail is mirrored in the manufacturing details as well. Each set of Tuscan connecting rods are honed in the USA to tolerances of around 250 millionths of an inch! This ensures amazing bearing reliability you really cannot find elsewhere in this price range. These rods are as round and true as any rods money can buy.
- Unique I-Beam Design Offers Incredible Bending And Torsional Stiffness
- Includes Ie Spec ARP 2000 Rod Bolts With "Ie" Stamp To Ensure A Genuine Product
- Application Specific Design Optimized For The Mk7/Mqb Platform
- Industry Leading Connecting Rod Strength To Weight Ratio
- Honed To Exacting Tolerances Within 250 Millionths Of An Inch
- Forced Pin Oiling (Rifle Drilling) Provides Long Wrist Pin Longevity
- Each Connecting Rod Set Is Balanced To Weights Within +/- 1 Gram
- Forged From Vacuum Drawn 2 Piece 4340 Chrome Moly Steel
- Dimensionally And Magnaflux Inspected For Extreme Reliability
- Combination Tested To Over 1000Bhp On 4 Cylinder Engines
- Multi-Stage Heat Treated For Dimensional Stability And Fatigue Life
- 2004-2012 Audi A3 8P
- 2004-2012 Audi S3 8P
- 2004-2009 Volkswagen Golf Mk5 GTI
- 2006-2014 Audi TT Mk2 8J
- 2008-2013 Volkswagen Golf Mk6 GTI
- 2009-2013 Volkswagen Golf Mk6 R
- 2013-2020 Audi A3 8V
- 2013-2020 Audi S3 8V
- 2013-2017 Volkswagen Golf Mk7 GTI
- 2013-2017 Volkswagen Golf Mk7 R
- 2014-2020 Audi TT Mk3 8S
- 2017-2020 Volkswagen Golf Mk7.5 GTI
- 2017-2020 Volkswagen Golf Mk7.5 R
- 2018-2020 Volkswagen Polo GTI Mk6 AW