Thermostatic Oil Cooler Kit Mazda MX-5 99-05
Mazda MX-5s love track days, but with hot laps come hot oil temperatures. High oil temps can be detrimental to a vast majority of engine components, and a fried piston ring can turn your fun track day and into a costly repair. NB MX-5s come with a stock liquid-to-liquid oil cooler, which is sufficient for daily driving, but just doesn’t cut it when it comes to more spirited driving.
During testing, this MX-5 oil cooler kit dropped oil temperatures 10°F (5.6°C) when tested on a 65 mph highway cruise. This MX-5 oil cooler set-up is definitely going to come in handy when you’re redlining your engine around the track. The design of the mounting bracket serves as ducting to channel air to the cooler, and it mounts the cooler away from the front bumper to save room for an intercooler. And who doesn’t want an intercooler, a turbo, and other forced induction bits? Speaking of forced induction, turbos can also heat-up oil, which makes an oil cooler a vital addition to your boosted MX-5.
This MX-5 oil cooler kit features a billet aluminum thermostatic oil sandwich plate to ensure that your oil reaches optimum temperature before flowing to the cooler. Overcooled oil can be just as dangerous as overheated oil, making this feature especially important in colder climates. This MX-5 oil cooler kit also comes with pre-made stainless steel braided lines with durable -10AN fittings and the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty, so you can depend on this cooler as much as you depend on your roadster.
- Direct fit for the 1999–2005 Mazda MX-5 NB
- Reduces oil temperatures by 10°F (5.6°C)
- Mounting brackets also serve as ducting to channel air to cooler
- Minimal pressure drop
- Works with most aftermarket turbo kits
- Pre-made stainless steel braided oil lines with durable -10AN fittings
- Billet aluminum thermostatic oil sandwich plate allows oil to reach optimum temperature
- Cooler available in either Sleek Silver or Stealth Black
- Increases oil capacity by 0.5 qt
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Mazda MX-5 1999-2005